GNECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS
Obstetrics and Gynaecology is concerned with the care of pregnant woman, her unborn child and the management of diseases specific to women. The specialty combines medicine and surgery.Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Sarvadnya Multispeciality Hospital is a private and semi-private labour rooms, well equipped with Fetal Monitors, Baby Resuscitation equipments, Portable Ultrasound Machine and well laid out waiting room.With an experienced team of Gynaecologists, well qualified Colposcopist and Hysteroscopist, well trained Endoscopic Surgeon and a highly trained and experienced, the department offers excellent services in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
The department also offers a Menopause and Well Woman Clinic, High Risk Pregnancy and Infertility Clinic. Epidural Anaesthesia is available for asking round the clock, under the professional guidance of best team of Anaesthesiologists. We offer regular prenatal courses throughout the year, regarding care during pregnancy, along with exercise classes under well trained professionals. The departmental museum is a store house of information on all.
Within obstetrics, most of the care of low risk mothers and uncomplicated deliveries are performed by midwives.About 35% of births are undertaken by an obstetrician, usually for more complex cases or if the baby becomes distressed during labour. Their work includes:
- using instruments to assist delivery – including forceps or a ventouse
- performing caesarean sections, either as a planned or emergency procedure
- Keyhole or minimal access surgery is now commonplace and has many advantages.Assisted reproduction (fertility treatment) has helped many thousands of women have a family, which would not have been possible in the last generation.
Within obstetrics, most of the care of low risk mothers and uncomplicated deliveries are performed by midwives.
About 35% of births are undertaken by an obstetrician, usually for more complex cases or if the baby becomes distressed during labour. Their work includes:
- maternal and fetal medicine
- reproductive medicine
- sexual and reproductive healthcar